Will I see my children in the holidays?

When the school holidays approach, for parents who are separated, it can become a stressful time of the year.

Are you concerned that the other parent may not allow you to spend time with your children over the holidays? Are you and your former partner arguing about who the children should live or spend time with? Has it been a while since you have seen, spoken to, or spent time with your children? Do you have concerns about the other parent taking the children away from you?

Before you can start proceedings in Court about your children, you must attend mediation with the other parent and make a genuine effort to try and resolve the matter. An agreement which is in the best interests of the children can then be ratified by the Court by filing an Application for Consent Orders.

You may be exempt from mediation if your matter is urgent, there are issues of or risk of child abuse or family violence, a parent cannot effectively participate due to incapacity or physical remoteness, or your application relates to an alleged contravention of an order made within the last 12 months.

It is important and in the best interests of the children for parents to resolve issues about their care and living arrangements as expeditiously and as cost-effectively as possible.

Contact Cornerstone Law Offices for solid legal solutions in Family Law, Wills & Estates, Conveyancing, Debt Recovery, Criminal and Traffic.

Level 27 Santos Place, 32 Turbot Street, Brisbane
Suite 36A, 37-59 Bryants Rd, Loganholme 4129
Phone: 1 300 CORNERSTONE (267 637)

Contact Us Family Law

Leave a Comment