Due to the current situation in Australia due to COVID-19, including state and territory border restrictions, business closures and social distancing requirements, all international visitors are encouraged to depart if it is possible to do so.
Travellers may be able to re-enter Australia if they meet entry conditions. These requirements are under constant review and may change at any time.
Australian citizens and permanent residents cannot travel overseas due to COVID-19 restrictions.
However, if you want to leave Australia, you may be able to apply for an exemption to travel if you fall under one of the following categories:
- your travel is a part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
- your travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export and import industries)
- you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
- you are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business
- compassionate or humanitarian grounds
- your travel is in the national interest.
You should apply for an exemption as early as possible —at least 48 hours before your intended departure time. If granted an exemption, you must take evidence of that exemption to the airport.
Temporary Visa Holders
- ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia
- airline and maritime crew and associated safety workers
- a New Zealand citizen holding a Special Category (subclass 444) visa
- engaged in the day-to-day conduct of outbound and inbound freight
- associated with essential work at offshore facilities
- travelling on official government business, including members of the Australian Defence Force.
Be aware that countries around the world are implementing their own travel restrictions in response to COVID-19 and the international airline carriers are reducing their capacity. This may impact your ability to enter another country.
If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to contact us on 07 3806 4354 or fill in the form below.