Grad.Dip.Legal Prac.,LLD,B Com
Principal Lawyer, Cornerstone Law Offices
Nationally Accredited Mediator, family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Independent Children’s lawyer
About Pravinita (Prav) Singh-Pillay
Prav commenced her tertiary education in law and commerce in Australia in 1992. Since admission in 1997, Prav has worked for:
- The Director of Public Prosecutions in Brisbane;
- A general practice firm in regional Queensland;
- An Employment Law firm in California, USA;
- A boutique family law firm on the Gold Coast.
In July 2011 Prav became a Nationally Accredited Mediator and in 2014 she became a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
After 16 ½ years of experience, in July 2014 Prav opened the doors to Cornerstone Law Offices Pty Ltd.
- Prav’s experiences are in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Defence, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery, Wills & Estates, Conveyancing, and Employment Law.
- At Cornerstone Law Offices, Prav’s practice extends to representing clients in all aspects of Family Law including property matters, de facto relationships, same sex-relationships, spousal maintenance, divorce, domestic violence matters, financial agreements (pre & post nuptial), children’s matters, relocation & recovery, paternity & child support.
- Prav’s legal services also extends to Wills, Powers of Attorney, Estate Administration, Conveyancing, and Debt Recovery.
- Prav has a keen interest in advocacy. Over the years, she has represented clients in numerous mentions, hearings and trials in the Family Court, Federal Magistrates Court, Federal Court, State Magistrates Court, and Children’s Court. She has represented clients and instructed Counsel in many bench and jury trials in the Superior Courts as well as in hearings in the Appeal Courts.
- In the Family Court and Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Prav represents clients herself at mentions, directions hearings, callovers, and uncomplicated interim hearings. Counsel is retained for complex matters and to represent clients at trials.
- Prav also provides mediation services and as an FDRP is able to issue section 60I Certificates when parenting matters are not able to be resolved at mediation.
- Bachelor of Laws (Griffith University)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Griffith University)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (QUT)
- Australian Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP)
- Independent Children’s Lawyer (ICL)
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners Association
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Volunteer at Women’s Legal Services
- Volunteer Mediator at Bayside Community Legal Centre
- Committee Member at Bayside Community Legal Centre
- Volunteer at My Community Legal
- Beenleigh Yatala Chamber of Commerce
- Southside Chamber of Commerce
- Networking Brisbane
- Womens Council Chairperson of GOPIO Queensland Inc.
- Key Business Network
- Logan City Women in Business
- Rotary Club of Beenleigh